Google, as we know, after killing the Nexus lineup launched it’s two best smartphones last year, the Google Pixel and the Google Pixel XL. Not too late after the Google I/O event took place, we have plenty of Google pixel 2 leaks of the next Pixel device that is rumored to release in late 2017 possibly, in the month of October. There was plenty right with the Google pixel and plenty wrong with it as well. But this time, Google has tried it’s best to bring out the “best device” it has ever made.- learning from the mistakes it had done with the Pixel.
Rumors say that the device will be priced heavier than it’s predecessors.- which we really hope is not the case. But one thing we can make out for sure is that the device will surely be priced at a flagship tag. Regarding the release date, the Google pixel and the Google pixel XL were both launched in October of the Year 2016 and we should be expecting the new Google pixel 2 to launch in or around October 2017. (That is, exactly one year later the initial launch)
Listed below are Google Pixel 2 leaks to give major attention to:-
- Waterproof- The Google Pixel 2 is rumored to be a waterproof device, unlike the Google Pixel.
- 3 Phones- In fact, there are actually 3 phones in works. Let’s wait till October?
- No headphone jack- Yes, Google is a little late to the “No-jack” party but now, welcome there Google!
- Superior Chipset & Camera- Google Pixel 2 is rumored to sport a 12MP rear camera and an 8 MP selfie shooter. Not needing to say, the device will be capable of shooting 4K footage.
- Curved Screen- This was a rumor that was spoken about during the launch of the first generation Google pixel smartphone. We are really not sure if this is true and see really fewer chances of this happening. What do you think about this? Let us know in the comments section down below.
A few other benchmark leaks say that the device will sport a QHD screen which would be of 18:9 screen ratio and the resolution displayed was 2560×1312. A few leaks also revealed that there would be an overall improved chipset used in the devices. If not the Snapdragon 835, it has to be the Snapdragon 836. The benchmark leaks reflected strong benchmark scores and 4GBs of RAM.
However, the Android version running during the benchmark test was Android Nougat 7.1.1 but we’re pretty sure that the devices would ship with Android O (8.0).
This is all we know about the Google Pixel 2 leaks and surely, this looks like a promising device. Pixel 2’s biggest rival could be the iPhone 8.