Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 was launched today in China at a starting price of ₹32000, it is a successor to the last year’s Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone with a bezel less display. It comes with 6-inch full HD display with a aspect ratio of 18:9, powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 chipset and 6GB of RAM. Overall Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is a great phone and it’s also going to launch in India soon. In case you were wondering on how to Unlock bootloader, Root or install TWRP Recovery in your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 then you are the right place.Here we are going to tell you How To Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
We are not responsible for dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, bricked devices or you get fired because the alarm app failed. You choose to make these modifications so you are responsible for your loss.Please do some research before following the steps.
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- You can root your device
- You can flash any custom recovery and Rom of your choice
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Unlocking bootloader makes your device less secured.
- Some features in Miui like “Find device” won’t work.
Prerequisites Before Unlocking Bootloader
- A desktop or a laptop.
- A working USB cable.
- Download Minimal fastboot and adb drivers.
- Download Mi unlock tool.
- Charge your phone Up to 70%.
- Activate internet connection.
- Backup all your important data.
Steps On How To Unlock Bootloader in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Create a new Mi account or sign in to an existing one on your phone.
- Go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on Unlock now.
- In the browser sign-in to the same Mi account, you used to sign-in on your phone. In case it asks you to enter a nickname, enter your Mi account id then go back and again click on Unlock now.
- It will redirect you to a page where you have to enter your details.
- Now verify OTP and wait for the application to get approved by Xiaomi team. Once your application is approved you will receive a text SMS on your phone.
- Now open Mi Unlock tool on your computer and agree to their terms, sign-in with the same Mi account. It will check whether you have permission or not.
- Now power off your device manually. Now press and hold Volume down + power button to enter into fast boot mode, once you enter into fast boot mode connect your device to computer using a data cable.
- Mi Unlock tool will check whether the device is connected or not then hit the Unlock button.
- It will unlock your device within 20 seconds if you get any error like “your account is not bound to this device then try again after 7-8 days.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Advantages Of installing TWRP Recovery
- You will be able to root xiaomi mi mix 2 your device.
- You can install any custom ROM/MOD of your choice
- You can take a full backup of your device including app data.
Prerequisites Before Installing TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Your Bootloader must be unlocked
- Charge your phone Up to 50%.
- Download TWRP recovery image for your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
Steps On How To Install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Download and Extract Minimal ADB and fastboot driver in C drive like C/adb.
- From the command window boot into fast boot mode by typing “ADB reboot bootloader”.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery-mimix2.img”.
- Done, you have successfully flashed TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
How To Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Advantages Of Rooting
- You will be able to remove pre-installed apps.
- You will be able to install incompatible apps.
- You can achieve more battery life and speed.
- You will be able to access root files and can tweak your device to administrator level.
Disadvantages Of Rooting
- It can brick your device.
- It might void your warranty.
- You may not receive official OTA updates.
- It will make your device less secured.
Prerequisites Before Rooting Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- The bootloader must be unlocked and TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Charge your phone Up to 40%
- Download Magisk.zip for your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
- Backup all your important data.
Steps On How to Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Download and place magisk.zip in the internal storage of your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing volume up + power button on your phone.
- Go-to Install — From SD card then locate Magisk file and install it.
- Now click on reboot system now.
- Done, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
Pictures Source: Mi.com