Xiaomi just killed the sub Rs.20,000 and sub Rs.15,000 market by launching its 2 new devices, the Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro. Redmi Note 5 isn’t much of a difference from Redmi Note 4 except the screen size and the Redmi Note 5 Pro has the best performing camera phone in this price segment. In case you were wondering How to Unlock bootloader, Root or install Twrp Recovery in your Xiaomi Redmi note 5 Pro then you are the right place.Here we are going to tell you How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Also Read: How To Root OnePlus 5T
We are not responsible for Dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, bricked devices or you get fired because the alarm app failed. You choose to make these modifications so you are responsible for your loss.Please do some research before following the steps.
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- You can root your device
- You can flash any custom recovery and Rom of your choice
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Unlocking bootloader makes your device less secured.
- Some features in Miui like “Find device” won’t work.
Prerequisites Before Unlocking Bootloader
- A desktop or a laptop.
- A working USB cable.
- Download Mi Unlock tool.
- Charge your phone Up to 70%.
- Activate internet connection.
- Backup all your important data
Read More: How To Root Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL
Steps On How To Unlock Bootloader in Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Create a new Mi account or sign in to an existing one on your phone.
- Go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on Unlock now.
- In the browser sign-in to the same Mi account, you used to sign-in on your phone. In case it asks you to enter a nickname, enter your Mi account id then go back and again click on Unlock now.
- It will redirect you to a page where you have to enter your details.
- Now verify OTP and wait for the application to get approved by Xiaomi team. Once your application is approved you will receive a text SMS on your phone.
- Now open Mi Unlock tool on your computer and agree to their terms, sign-in with the same Mi account. It will check whether you have permission or not.
- Now power off your device manually. Now press and hold Volume down + power button to enter into fast boot mode, once you enter into fast boot mode connect your device to computer using a data cable.
- Mi Unlock tool will check whether the device is connected or not then hit the Unlock button.
- It will unlock your device within 20 seconds if you get any error like “your account is not bound to this device then try again after 7-8 days.
Also Check Out: How To Root Xiaomi Mi MIX 2
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Advantages Of installing TWRP Recovery
- You will be able to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- You can install any custom ROM/MOD of your choice
- You can take a full backup of your device including app data.
Prerequisites Before Installing TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Your Bootloader must be unlocked
- Charge your phone Up to 50%.
- Download TWRP for Redmi note 5 Pro. (It will be added here once it’s officially released)
- Download ADB setup files and adb.zip
- Backup all your important data.
Steps On How To Install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Now Run the adb.exe setup and give it Administrator access, and install by pressing Y, Y, and Y.
- power off your device and Press Volume Down and Power Button Together for 5 to 10 Seconds so that your phone can boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Now Connect Your Redmi Note 5 with your PC/Laptop by USB Cable
- Now Extract the adb.zip folder on your PC anywhere, and open the ADB folder then press Shift Key + Right click on that adb folder, and you will see there Open Command Window here, then click on Open Command Window Here
- Now type this command –
- if your device is detected then type –
fastboot flash recovery recovery-rn5pro.img
- then to boot into fastboot type –
fastboot boot recovery-rn5pro.img
- Done, you have successfully installed TWRP on your device.
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Advantages Of Rooting
- You will be able to remove pre-installed apps.
- You will be able to install incompatible apps.
- You can achieve more battery life and speed.
- You will be able to access root files and can tweak your device to administrator level.
Check This Out: How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1
Disadvantages Of Rooting
- It can brick your device.
- It might void your warranty.
- You may not receive official OTA updates.
- It will make your device less secured.
Prerequisites Before Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- The bootloader must be unlocked and TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Charge your phone Up to 40%.
- Download latest Magisk and lazyflasher (link will be provided once it’s released)
- Backup all your important data.
Steps On How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing volume up + power button on your phone.
- From TWRP Recovery, do a factory reset.
- Go-to Install — From SD card then locate Magisk file and install it.
- Again go-to Install — From SD card locate the lazyflasher file and Install it.
- Now click on reboot system now, its phone doesn’t boots up then flash lazyflasher file again and reboot.
- This is the last step to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Done, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Picture Source: Mi.com