Xiaomi just unveiled the Redmi 6 Pro smartphone which packs a 5.84-inch Full HD Display with 19:9 aspect ratio display powering by a Snapdragon 625 chipset and Adreno 506 GPU, the phone starts at a price of ₹10,400 and in case you were wondering How to Unlock bootloader, Root or install Twrp Recovery in your Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro then you are the right place. Here we are going to tell you How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Unlock Bootloader And Flash TWRP Recovery.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IN CASE SOMETHING WENT WRONG LIKE GETTING YOUR HARD DEVICE BRICKED OR DEAD SD CARD. YOU ARE COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTION AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- You can root your device
- You can flash any custom recovery and Rom of your choice
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Unlocking bootloader makes your device less secured.
- Some features in MIUI like “Find device” won’t work.
Prerequisites Before Unlocking Bootloader
- A desktop or a laptop.
- A working USB cable.
- Download Mi Unlock tool.
- Charge your phone Up to 70%.
- Activate internet connection.
- Backup all your important data
Steps On How To Unlock Bootloader in Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- Create a new Mi account or sign in to an existing one on your phone.
- Go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on Unlock now.
- In the browser sign-in to the same Mi account, you used to sign-in on your phone. In case it asks you to enter a nickname, enter your Mi account id then go back and again click on Unlock now.
- It will redirect you to a page where you have to enter your details.
- Now verify OTP and wait for the application to get approved by Xiaomi team. Once your application is approved you will receive a text SMS on your phone.
- Now open Mi Unlock tool on your computer and agree to their terms, sign-in with the same Mi account. It will check whether you have permission or not.
- Now power off your device manually. Now press and hold Volume down + power button to enter into fast boot mode, once you enter into fast boot mode connect your device to computer using a data cable.
- Mi Unlock tool will check whether the device is connected or not then hit the Unlock button.
- It will unlock your device within 20 seconds if you get any error like “your account is not bound to this device then try again after 7-8 days.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
Advantages Of installing TWRP Recovery
- You will be able to root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro.
- You can install any custom ROM/MOD of your choice
- You can take a full backup of your device including app data.
Click Here To Buy: Moto G6
Prerequisites Before Installing TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- Your Bootloader must be unlocked
- Charge your phone Up to 50%.
- Download TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro.
- Download ADB setup files and adb.zip
- Backup all your important data.
Steps On How To Install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- Now Run the adb.exe setup and give it Administrator access, and install by pressing Y, Y, and Y.
- power off your device and Press Volume Down and Power Button Together for 5 to 10 Seconds so that your phone can boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Now Connect Your Redmi 6 Pro with your PC/Laptop by USB Cable
- Now Extract the adb.zip folder on your PC anywhere, and open the ADB folder then press Shift Key + Right click on that adb folder, and you will see there Open Command Window here, then click on Open Command Window Here
- Now type this command –
- if your device is detected then type –
fastboot flash recovery recovery-redmi6pro.img
- then to boot into fastboot type –
fastboot boot recovery-redmi6pro.img
- Done, you have successfully installed TWRP on your device.
Buy From Here: OnePlus 6
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
Advantages Of Rooting
- You will be able to remove pre-installed apps.
- You will be able to install incompatible apps.
- You can achieve more battery life and speed.
- You will be able to access root files and can tweak your device to administrator level.
Disadvantages Of Rooting
- It can brick your device.
- It might void your warranty.
- You may not receive official OTA updates.
- It will make your device less secured.
Buy Your Smartphone Here: Huawei P20
Prerequisites Before Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- The bootloader must be unlocked and TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Charge your phone Up to 40%.
- Download latest Magisk and lazyflasher
- Backup all your important data.
Steps On How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- Boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing volume up + power button on your phone.
- From TWRP Recovery, do a factory reset.
- Go-to Install — From SD card then locate Magisk file and install it.
- Again go-to Install — From SD card locate the lazyflasher file and Install it.
- Now click on reboot system now, its phone doesn’t boots up then flash lazyflasher file again and reboot.
- This is the last step to root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro.
- Done, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro.
Picture Source: Mi.com