Xiaomi just killed the sub Rs.30,000 market by launching the Poco F1 smartphone under its new lineup called Poco. In case you were wondering how to Unlock bootloader Root or install TWRP Recovery in your Xiaomi Poco F1 then you are at the right place. Here we are going to tell you How To Root Xiaomi Poco F1.
The all-new Xiaomi Poco F1 has a 6.18-inch display, Snapdragon 845 with 6GB and 8GB of RAM, 3D facial recognition technology and Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IN CASE SOMETHING WENT WRONG LIKE GETTING YOUR HARD DEVICE BRICKED OR DEAD SD CARD. YOU ARE COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTION AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Poco F1
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- You can root Xiaomi Poco F1.
- You can flash any custom recovery and Rom of your choice.
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Unlocking bootloader makes your device less secured.
- Some features in Miui like “Find device” won’t work.
Prerequisites Before Unlocking Bootloader
- A desktop or a laptop.
- A working USB cable.
- Download Mi Unlock tool.
- Charge your phone Up to 70%.
- Activate internet connection.
- Backup all your important data
Steps On How To Unlock Bootloader in Xiaomi Poco F1
- Create a new Mi account or sign in to an existing one on your phone.
- Go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on Unlock now.
- In the browser sign-in to the same Mi account, you used to sign-in on your phone. In case it asks you to enter a nickname, enter your Mi account id then go back and again click on Unlock now.
- It will redirect you to a page where you have to enter your details.
- Now verify OTP and wait for the application to get approved by Xiaomi team. Once your application is approved you will receive a text SMS on your phone.
- Now open Mi Unlock tool on your computer and agree to their terms, sign-in with the same Mi account. It will check whether you have permission or not.
- Now power off your device manually. Now press and hold Volume down + power button to enter into fast boot mode, once you enter into fast boot mode connect your device to computer using a data cable.
- Mi Unlock tool will check whether the device is connected or not then hit the Unlock button.
- It will unlock your device within 20 seconds if you get any error like “your account is not bound to this device then try again after 7-8 days.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Poco F1
Advantages Of installing TWRP Recovery
- You will be able to root Xiaomi Poco F1.
- You can install any custom ROM/MOD of your choice
- You can take a full backup of your device including app data.
Prerequisites Before Installing TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Poco F1
- Your Bootloader must be unlocked
- Charge your phone Up to 50%.
- Download TWRP for Poco F1
- Download ADB setup files and adb.zip
- Backup all your important data.
Know More About: Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus Android Tablet Officially Announced In China
Steps On How To Install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Poco F1
- Now Run the adb.exe setup and give it Administrator access, and install by pressing Y, Y, and Y.
- power off your device and Press Volume Down and Power Button Together for 5 to 10 Seconds so that your phone can boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Now Connect Your Xiaomi Poco F1 with your PC/Laptop by USB Cable
- Now Extract the adb.zip folder on your PC anywhere, and open the ADB folder then press Shift Key + Right click on that ADB folder, and you will see there Open Command Window here, then click on Open Command Window Here
- Now type this command –
- if your device is detected then type –
fastboot flash recovery (filename).img
- then to boot into fastboot type –
fastboot boot (filename).img
- Done, you have successfully installed TWRP on your device.
Click Here To Know More About: Moto P30, Moto P30 Play And Moto P30 Note Teasers Released
How To Root Xiaomi Poco F1
Advantages Of Rooting
- You will be able to remove pre-installed apps.
- You will be able to install incompatible apps.
- You can achieve more battery life and speed.
- You will be able to access root files and can tweak your device to administrator level.
Click Here To Buy: Honor Play
Disadvantages Of Rooting
- It can brick your device.
- It might void your warranty.
- You may not receive official OTA updates.
- It will make your device less secured.
Buy This Smartphone: Huawei P20 Pro
Prerequisites Before Rooting Xiaomi Poco F1
- The bootloader must be unlocked and TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Charge your phone Up to 40%
- Download latest Magisk and lazyflasher.
- Backup all your important data.
Buy This Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy J8
Steps On How to Root Xiaomi Poco F1
- Boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing volume up + power button on your phone.
- From TWRP Recovery, do a factory reset.
- Go-to Install — From SD card then locate Magisk file and install it.
- Again go-to Install — From SD card locate the lazyflasher file and Install it.
- Now click on reboot system now, its phone doesn’t boots up then flash lazyflasher file again and reboot
- This is the last step to root Xiaomi Poco F1
- Done, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Poco F1
Click Here To Buy: BlackBerry KEY2
Here Is How To Root Other Devices Too
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Install TWRP Recovery
- How To Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Unlock Bootloader And Flash TWRP Recovery
- How To Root Vivo NEX Smartphone And Flash TWRP Recovery
Buy From Here: Vivo NEX
- How To Root OPPO Find X Smartphone And Install TWRP Recovery
- How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Unlock Bootloader And Flash TWRP Recovery
- How to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 Unlock Bootloader And Flash TWRP Recovery
- How To Root OnePlus 6 Unlock Bootloader And Flash TWRP Recovery
Picture Source: Mi.com